Need advice for DSLR for shooting my new baby

Started Mar 3, 2011 | Discussions thread
lbuclk=
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,538Gear list
Like?
Re: Need advice for DSLR for shooting my new baby
In reply to chris401, Mar 3, 2011

chris401 wrote:

Howdy. We r expecting our first child at the end of the month. I would like to get back into photography and start with the new addition as my primary subject. The last time i had an slr it was a 35 mm pentax pz-70 and digital was but a twinkle in some inventors eye. Still have the pentad but haven't picked it up in 10 years.

We just bought a canon s95 as an update to our s80, so I feel like we have the p&s category under control. But where I'm getting overwhelmed is trying to research an slr package for us. Just so many options, not sure about lenses, etc. I am hopeful that you kind folks can point me In the right direction.

I have considered the t2i with 50mm 1.8 prime lens as a starting point, but not sure. My budget is around $ 1200. I will be shooting mostly baby and other family and pets. I would like something good for low light. But I'm clueless here. Any help is appreciated. I would like to find a great deal, good value for the money. The budget is kinda arbitrary, ao if I'm setting it too low just let me know.

And big thanks in advance for any advice.

the T2 is a good choice, but I would add a 17mm or 15mm - about 85mm zoom with the best glass you can afford.

-- hide signature --

28 years as a freelancer,(news,magazine, wedding photography) camera equip. over the years: Practica MLT, Canon A1, Minolta 9xi, 7xi, Dimage Z1,Fuji 5200,Canon S2,Pentax K100D,Olympus 380,Canon SX 10, Canon 40D ( http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v104/Buckl/ )
http://issuu.com/Lbuck

lbuclk='s gear list:lbuclk='s gear list
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow