Started Mar 1, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
BobT
Forum ProPosts: 11,614Gear list
Like?
3 Lenses for National Parks?
Mar 1, 2011

To start, I have a nice 70-200IS with a 1.4X TC for it. It may not be long enough, but it will have to do. Then I was thinking of maybe my 50 1.8 for lower light occasions. But then what? I've got $500 for a wider angled lens(assuming that would be your suggestion for the 3rd, and final, lens). I have had a Tamron 28-75 2.8 in the past. Fond memories. I've looked at a Sigma 17-70MM lens. And it looks interesting. Then there's the Canon 17-85mm lens. But I've heard bad things about it's mechanics giving out, over time. Yet the range would be perfect. O, there's also the comment that you should stay away from the 17mm-23mm portion of it's FL. Then there are the 18-50s, the Tamron 17-50 2.8, and the "mighty" Canon 18-55IS kit lens. 55mm might work for a long end, but those others reaching only 50mm don't do a whole lot for me.

But....I'm asking YOU what YOU would suggest for a third lens. So let's hear it. Thanks

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow