Started Mar 1, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
johngilbert
Regular MemberPosts: 105
Like?
photo sharing sites
Mar 1, 2011

What is one of the better photo sharing sites where I can upload my jpeg's and get an accurate picture? I've tried 3 so far and they all seem to change the photo somewhat. Picassa was the worst- Webshots was marginally better- Photobucket probably gave the best results of the three. Specifically, the pics. seem darker....more saturated....with primary colors off somewhat. Certainly not what I'm seeing on my calibrated monitor viewing with NX2 or Photoshop. Is this just one of the necessarry trade-offs with these photo sharing sites-loss of quality? Is there a site where I can upload the photo without any compression? I don't mind paying a fee.

Also, when I was uploading I kept the files in their original file size(300dpi) color space (prophoto) that I view them at home. I tried downsizing to 72dp and switching to sRGB but I thought the results doing that were worse. Anyways, as you can tell....I'm a noobie with these sites, so any advice is appreciated

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow