Started Feb 28, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
sethmarshall
Regular MemberPosts: 148
Like?
Why did you choose the 4/3 format?
Feb 28, 2011

Hi. I am new to the 4/3 format, not as a photographer but as a videographer with the new Panasonic AF100. I'm very excited about it's potential especially for video as I've found my 5DmkII (or even the 7D) as having too shallow depth of field for reliable video work without having an assistant and time to get the focus right.

I have plenty of EF lenses I am using along with adapters. So far I've only bought the Olympus 14-35 which I'm very impressed with. For stills I've always been a Canon guy and love the quality I've learned to expect from my 5DmkII. I can't compare the Olympus lens to any of my "L" lenses because I'm only using it for video.

I was surprised to find such expensive lenses in the 4/3 format. I think I assumed anyone interested in spending that much money would have a larger sensor. So I am interested in hearing why the people here have choosen the smaller sensor 4/3 format to invest their money in?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow