Started Feb 28, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Michael Leek
Forum MemberPosts: 99Gear list
Like?
Photoshop CS4 Error 1 and CPSID_82893
Feb 28, 2011

When I've tried opening Photoshop CS4 or Bridge this morning I get the following message;

AMT system failure

This product has encountered a problem which requires that you restart your computer before it can be launched.

If you continue to see this message after restarting your computer please contact either your IT administrator or Adobe technical support for help, mention the error code shown at the bottom of this screen.

Error: 1

http://www.adobe.com/support/

Tried restarting at least five times but still this message comes up. I then logged onto Adobe's website but couldn't find anything that might help - not even on the customer forums (though numerous complaints about Adobe!). I then called Adobe. I was told to go back on line to Adobe support and search for CPSID_82893 (something to do with a Preference File???). Unbelievably any other phone support from Adobe would cost me $39 because I'm not using the latest software...!

Putting Adobe's arrogance and couldn't-care-less attitude to its customers to one side, can anybody out there help please?

Michael Leek's gear list:Michael Leek's gear list
Canon EOS 40D Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM +7 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow