My PEN E-PL2's images come close to Olympus DSLR quality; Dramatic Tone art filter

Started Feb 28, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Triumph Steve
Senior MemberPosts: 1,016Gear list
Like?
My PEN E-PL2's images come close to Olympus DSLR quality; Dramatic Tone art filter
Feb 28, 2011

Greetings. I have been using Olympus DSLR and PEN cameras for awhile now, and I am always amazed at the magic these cameras can provide. Lately, I have been testing my micro four thirds PENS (E-P2 and E-PL2) to try and replicate results similar to what my my E-3 and E-5 can show, and I find the PEN cameras to be superb alternatives to carrying around the heavy DSLR equipment.

The following gallery of PEN images were made with the new E-PL2 and the new generation Zuiko 14-42mm II zoom lens. Where I have provided an illustration of the Dramatic Tone art filter, I have first posted a normal image made with the i-Enhance shooting mode, followed by the Dramatic Tone art filter shot. Most of the time, I find the mode of the Dramatic Tone result to be very interesting and ethereal. My E-PL2 photographs were made primarily of items for sale at the Raleigh Flea Market in North Carolina, and I have included a few motorcycle images of my Triumph Truxton. Please take a look and feel free to give any feedback, criticisms, etc.

http://triumph.smugmug.com/...N-E-PL2-Samples/15996464_fxVTu#1199997448_DCvVo

My general photo web site is here: http://triumph.smugmug.com and I have other examples of PEN E-P2 images, Olympus E-5 images, and many other subjects. Most all images were originally shot in RAW at an ISO range of 100-200, Aperture priority, single center focus point, image stabilization turned on, and processed with Capture One software.
--
Steve in Chapel Hill, NC
Hebrews 11:1

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow