Are conventional hard drives nearing their limits?...

Started Feb 23, 2011 | Discussions thread
glasswave
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,618
Like?
Re: It's just like code/software bloat ....
In reply to Zone8, Feb 27, 2011

... it simply is not cost effective to spend time routing thru all your data to save a few gigs.

I run a pretty well managed folder structure. That way even with the bloat I can usually find what I need quickly.

If I do have something come up that requires house cleaning then I throw a lot out, otherwise when I fill a drive, I simply back up the old stuff to the new drive.

Zone8 wrote:

... why are users so bl^^dy lazy in terms of doing some much needed housekeeping?

Overclogged hard drives seem the norm these days - instead of clearing out all the junk and getting the computer working efficiently, without all the dross shoved on the hard drives.

Never truer is the old expression:

"Give them an inch and they will grab a mile"

Zone8

The photograph isolates and perpetuates a moment of time: an important and revealing moment, or an unimportant and meaningless one, depending upon the photographer's understanding of his subject and mastery of his process. -Edward Weston
LINK: For B+W with Epson 1400 (and other models) using black ink only:
http://www.photosnowdonia.co.uk/ZPS/epson1400-B&W.htm

-- hide signature --

There is simply too much beauty in the world to photograph it all, but I'm trying.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow