Started Feb 27, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ken Sills
Regular MemberPosts: 476
Like?
XZ-1 Indoor Photos
Feb 27, 2011

I'm on Day 2 of owning the XZ-1. I went to the local indoor farm market looking for shape and color in moderate indoor light. This set is JPEG OOC, "Vivid", Sharpness=+1. All shot in P or A mode, where I have constrained ISO mostly to 100, never exceeding 200. Most are wide angle with lens wide open. No flash.

I took a bunch of pics on super macro where focus did lock on, but they all are soft. You can see that the jellybeans are a little soft (to look at, not to eat!). Maybe very shallow DoF? Maybe I'm not holding the camera steady at low shutter speed, need to experiment more with this.

I bought the XZ-1 for the fast lens and so far I'm pleased with the results.

I put the lens cover on its short tether. With the lens cover off, and my left hand wrapped around the tether pulling tight on the lens cap, I can hold the camera very steady in my left hand (thumb and forefinger) while setting controls with my right hand. And the camera can't slip and drop because the lens cap can't pull through my closed hand. Secure and natural feeling.

Ken

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow