Started Feb 27, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jonska
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,205Gear list
Like?
K-7 shutter induced blur - workaround? Question to K-7 users
Feb 27, 2011

Sorry if this has been asked before. I have tried every means of search that I know on this forum and others and on the Internet in general. I get numerous hits, but none that answers my question.

Apparently, it is established that images taken with the K-7 can suffer from blur at certain shutter speeds. Many posts on this issue mention that there is a "workaround". Even the LumoLabs report itself, whcih exhaustiively discusses the issue, says "It helps to understand the mechanism leading to this kind of blur and to effectively work around them" but I can see no actual suggestions in the report for working around.

The only "workarounds" I can find with my feeble searches are the following:

1. Attach a grip to increase the mass of the camera
2. Hold the camera more firmly
3. Use a heavy tripod
4. Use live view.
5. Avoid the offending shutter speeds.

None of these appear to me to fit the definition of a "workaround" except the grip/firm hold advice. Those two pieces of advice, however, do not "work around" the problem, but may serve to mitigate it. Some photograpy situations also exclude the possibility of using a tripod, heavy or otherwise, so that is little help.

Can anyone direct me to a thread/post, here or elsewhere, where the workaround is explained in detail? Or does anyone have a response to my question?

(Explanation: I have no quarrel with my K-7, but the other day I was looking at some images of mine that I felt were not quite as sharp as I think they should have been - taken on a tripod in a flat calm etc. so I started wondering about this subject and googling every phrase I could think of.)

Advance thanks for any suggestions.

-- hide signature --

Shooting since '59 and still waiting for a keeper

jonska's gear list:jonska's gear list
Pentax K-5
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Yup.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow