Dutch birds (8 img)

Started Feb 24, 2011 | Discussions thread
Gil Knutson
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,239Gear list
Like?
Brand problems...
In reply to korat68, Feb 27, 2011

korat68 wrote:

Thanks for stepping up Ron. I too remember Walter from his Pentax days. Hopefuly he might be enticed by the K5 to come back to us. He and his photos are welcomed here any time. Also his bird hide gives me some good ideas.

I don't know the story, but it is nice to see great shots from anyone. Nice to see that Pentax users continue to be a bunch of gentlemen and gentle ladies, and welcome all comers, and ignore silly childlike behaviour, like "Mine is better than yours".

I can sympathize with Walter... in the Pentax world... and the Sony world, there really are huge holes in the lens lineup that need filling, and neither seems to be stepping up to the plate to give users those specialized lenses. I can understand people being drawn to Canon and Nikon because both those companies meet users needs.

People get very partisan about their camera systems, and tend to be very rude to other brand users. The truth is, one has to use the tools that meet their needs. There ARE Pentax and Sony/Minolta long fast lenses, but they are OLD, and RARE... not readily available to the average person. That makes Nikon, and expecially Canon, very attractive to serious shooters.

These bird shots, which are just great, can show us what we could do if we just had the lenses. I hope Hoya/Pentax and Sony/Minolta both bring out "affordable" new lenses in the long end... and maybe some great specialized lenses (wide angle, tilt & shift, bellows, fast, etc.) so they can be more viable in the photographic world.

-- hide signature --

Gil
Sardis, BC
Canada

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
wowNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow