Started Feb 27, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MagnumShot
Regular MemberPosts: 157
Like?
Is Spyder 2 sufficient for a MBP?
Feb 27, 2011

I have a ColorVision datacolor Spyder 2 that I purchased many years ago and to be honest I never really thought it was fantastic, although at the time I was using it on a pretty budget PC monitor. I now have a 17in MBP and I know this is not the ideal screen for viewing photos but given lifestyle restrictions it is better than other options. I tried to install the software that comes with the Spyder 2 and it tells me that I need to install Rosetta as I have Snow Leopard. That leads me to two questions:

1. Has monitor calibration hardware / software come very far in the last 5-7 years or so and will I be better off buying a new version than trying to get the old one sorted?

2. If technology has not developed much does Rosetta create a bunch of unnecessary overhead that makes it undesirable or is it no big deal?

Given that the Spyder 3 Express is only $75 I just want to check what the most sensible option will be.

Thanks
Nigel.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow