IF Sony moves to complete EVF ONLY and abandons OVF, I think I'll be selling my gear.

Started Feb 27, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
lonewolf69
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,339Gear list
Like?
IF Sony moves to complete EVF ONLY and abandons OVF, I think I'll be selling my gear.
Feb 27, 2011

RANTING on!!!

So far it's only been a rumor, until SONY makes the official announcement... sigh ...

This is NOT the direction that I had in mind when I chose SONY over NIKON 5 years ago with the intro of the A100. Yes the SLT maybe the wave of the future but while the EVF is nice in the A33 that I just bought for me father, it doesn't compare to the 100% live view of the A900...

EVF is nice compared to the 75%or 85% dimly lit penta mirror OVF but pales to the true PENTA PRISM OVF.

I have a LOT of gear I'll be selling off, SONY don't force this issue, look at NIKON's solution they have a better hybrid EVF/OVF at least on paper...

Why is it this difficult to have a two tiered system? EVF for the low end to mid level bodies and the OVF for upper mid to high end (pro line)...

Ranting OFF

-- hide signature --

-Alex

From the minds of Minolta to the imagination of Sony, Alpha, like no other.

http://www.pbase.com/lonewolf69

lonewolf69's gear list:lonewolf69's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A100 Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony Alpha DSLR-A900 Sony SLT-A77 Sony 24-70mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* +1 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
+ 1New
NordNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow