Started Feb 26, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
GeorgeFellows
Regular MemberPosts: 371
Like?
Traded my SLR in for a G12...loving it!
Feb 26, 2011

Well....not exactly traded in. I am in the process of selling it all off, but basically the idea is to get to the stage where all I have is the G12 and my 430EX speedlite.

This is a major downsize from a 40D and multi lens kit. I wanted to get back to the photography, stop pixel peeping and have something that can take excellent photos with me all the time...my SLR just seems to sit in the cupboard all the time.

I could be missing low depth of field and phase AF, but it is all blown out of the water by actually taking photos on a daily basis! Here are some samples from today, C&C is welcome, all shot in RAW except the 'toy' mode shot of the guitar.

It proves that SLRs aren't the be all and end all! I would say bring a larger sensor to compacts, but it changes how they act...if I were to suggest a larger sensor it would be to 2/3" which Olympus and Fujifilm have used in the past. That would make the pixel density around 2.3MP/cm^2.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow