Started Feb 26, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
vojtek11
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
What happened to good cameras?
Feb 26, 2011

For many years I've been using two cameras - Olympus C8080WZ and later - for carrying always in my pocket - Fuji F30. I was happy with both. Image quality - excellent. C8080WZ finally died - after many years of service. It is beyond repair. Also F30 has more and more problems. But it survived a lot. I started to fishing for some decent quality camera. Since I don't need two units, I thought that these days I would find something smaller, relatively affordable (not like DSLR) but with decent quality that C8080WZ used to offer. I started testing with Canon G12, then Panasonic GF1, then Fuji F300EXR. One worse then other. If I compare photos of same object in similiar environment taken with my old cameras - those new seem like a joke. Terrible noise, JPEG compression artefacts, "colors", distortions, absolute lack of sharpness. They have some new gadgets (like IS) and others, but in the end - image quality is what matters. I admit that for many years I haven't been reading anything about news in digital photography - simply being happy with what I had. Did it really went so wrong all those years? Is there a small camera that I could bought with a true decent quality - like C8080WZ used to offer?

Thanks for any hint,
Wojtek

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow