X100: samples gallery, and any questions?

Started Feb 25, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Andy Westlake
dpreview AdminPosts: 2,915Gear list
Like?
X100: samples gallery, and any questions?
Feb 25, 2011

Courtesy of the nice folks at Fujifilm UK I've had a pre-production X100 for a couple of weeks, and for the last few days have been shooting with it using the very latest firmware. This has finally reached a state where the camera's operation and controls are now pretty well finalised, and with Fujifilm's agreement we've been able to release a samples gallery. Note these images should be considered beta quality ; Fuji are still aiming to improve certain aspects in the final camera.

http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/reviewsamples/albums/fujifilm-finepix-x100-pre-production-samples

Now there's obviously a lot of interest in the X100, and a degree of misinformation and rumour floating around the internet too. So if you have any specific questions about how the camera works, ask them here and I'll do my best to reply. (I don't have the camera any more so may not be able to answer everything.)

Note I won't comment on aspects of the camera's performance which aren't yet necessarily finalised - and this includes operational speed and the minutiae of image quality. As I don't have time to continually monitor the forum, I'll look in at intervals and aggregate replies into a single message.

Also, please read through what has already been asked before posting, to avoid unnecessary duplication.
--
Andy Westlake
dpreview.com

Andy Westlake's gear list:Andy Westlake's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F30 Zoom Olympus Stylus Verve S Olympus XZ-2 iHS Canon EOS 5D Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 +11 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
brklNew
Hey!New
AndyNew
(unknown member)
AndyNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow