LBA, My 300mm F2.8 Got A Bigger Twin (8 photos)

Started Feb 25, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MightyMike
Forum ProPosts: 30,290
Like?
LBA, My 300mm F2.8 Got A Bigger Twin (8 photos)
Feb 25, 2011

Well, Ron (Brandrx) did it again, found a great deal on a Tamron 400mm F4 and told me about it, and of course against my better judgment i bought it.

It was on KEH listed as bargain quality!! for $525USD, add another $60 for shipping to Canada, and then ad another $75 for Canadian taxes and have all this cost occurs for an item i'm buying sight unseen. I worried and watched for the package to arrive, hoping it wasn't as bad as it potentially could be.

Well it arrived today and before i could open the door the mailman dropped the package from around waist level Yikes!! He at least let me open it before paying for it but it was packaged very well and seemed fine.

I had a good look at it and much to my pleasant surprise it was in better condition then my Tamron 300m F2.8 i bought last year for $650, in fact they could've listed it as EX- condition.

well here are the twins (actual photos with the lens will follow after the weekend)

And here are my big guns together

-- hide signature --

Mike from Canada

'I like to think so far outside the box that it would require a telephoto lens just to see the box!' ~ 'My Quote :)'

http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?sort_order=views%20DESC&first_this_page=0&page_limit=180&&emailsearch=mighty_mike88%40hotmail.com&thumbnails=

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow