Started Feb 25, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
terry hunter
New MemberPosts: 18
Like?
Beware Oz Camera Buyers...
Feb 25, 2011

Having paid for a camera from Stussylove.net.au who advertise many different cameras and models on their site along with other goods, it appears to be a fraudulent setup by a 16 year old boy ... Inzy Chajju... based in Sydney.

Since payment was cleared, and shipment promised by email for the 29th Jan 2011, there has been no further contact with them/him and no camera.

Phonecalls are not answered, emails ignored (along with strongly stated threats of legal action) and I've traced the site owners profile on Twitter.

I've also given him plenty of time to reply before I posted this on dpreview and alerted the Canadian site of the same name... letting them know what is happening in Australia. Though I've had no reply from them either, if they are a legit company, I do not want their name tarnished by this post.

If anyone else has had dealings with this guy or this site, please let's know.

I'm still hoping this is not a fraud and that for some reason he's just unable to take calls or attend to his email at present.

But it now sounds and looks very suspicious and I'm about to get the police involved.

I've also twittered him but no reply yet.

The camera I ordered and paid for (by cheque as he said his e-commerce was still getting set-up and clearance would take longer) is the Panasonic GH2.... which was an OK price at the time... but not so discounted that it would look suspicious.

There is an address for the site but who knows if it too is fraudulent.

I live in Central Victoria so too far for me to track it down.

Terry H

I've also posted this on the News Forum.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow