Started Feb 23, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
chopsteeks
Senior MemberPosts: 1,212
Like?
Talked to National Geographic photographer - Jay Dickman
Feb 23, 2011

I attended a photo club meeting last night as a guest. Showed up early and I was passing time outside of the building, when a man was carrying a few bags of obviously camera related equipments. I offered to help so he handed me a bag.

He introduced himself as Jay Dickman. Jay Dickman of National Geographic mag I asked. He said yes. Wow, I am talking to one of the photographers whose work I admired highly.

Earlier that evening I stopped by a camera store to look at the E-5 as my E-1 showed signs of 'extinction' as the write speed has really slowed down to a crawl. The girl at the store gave me some literatute to read about the E-1.

Jay Dickman saw this and he commented that the E-5 was a great camers. As I asked him why, he told me he is an Olympus guy. He mentioned that he is really impressed with tank like qualities of E-1 and E-5. This guy had travelled the whole world, from very hot places to very cold places. Captured images from what it seems like every corner of our world. His E-5, according to him, has performed splendidly.

He loved Olympus lenses as he said they are some of the best he had ever used. Great for travelling as he did not have to carry a whole array of lenses. His favorite walk around lens is 12-60 SWF lens. But he had really high praised with high end Olympus lenses especially the 300 2.8

Well, he became the best Olympus salesperson.

As I have followed this man's work for years, needless to say....Olympus E-5 shopping days have officialy began !!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow