Battery Bulge

Started Feb 17, 2011 | Discussions thread
BeachnCruz
Senior MemberPosts: 2,032
Like?
Re: Battery Bulge.... MBPro late 2008 Bulge confirmed....
In reply to PDidd117w3n7y, Feb 21, 2011

What a disappointing surprise....

I turned over my MBPro preparing to install a new WD 750GB 7200 HD and immediately noticed my Battery Cover, which was severely bulging out as though an Alien was inside and trying to escape from his prison cell..... I actually had to press down firmly on the Battery Cover so I could safely flip the release lever without breaking it..... What a disappointment to discover that my Battery appeared ready to explode due to a major case of the dreaded Bulge..... Fortunately I had a new unopened spare Battery tucked away in my travel Bag.... I installed the nice new HD, new Battery and the Battery Cover managed to resume its' original shape when locked into the proper closed flush position....

I browsed eBay for another new replacement Battery for future use and was disappointed to see that all the so called "Genuine" Apple Batteries labeled with Apple Logos and Apple looking Packaging are actually Generic Knock-Offs with inferior cell construction quality.... The eBay Seller item descriptions posted are written very carefully to mislead the potential Buyers of the Fake Apple Batteries that they sell.....

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow