NEX5 - firmware

Started Feb 21, 2011 | Discussions thread
Matt Brennan
Contributing MemberPosts: 592
Like?
Re: All Alpha cameras are on yearly cycle.
In reply to Kiril Karaatanasov, Feb 21, 2011

Thanks everyone for your replies ...

I am pleased to read that frmware updates are internet downloads for the NEX5. As always, I missed the introduction to the NEX5 as a buyer. Now, I am faced with that difficult decision: do I buy now or wait for the next release of an upgraded NEX5.

Geesh.

I agree that this camera deserves more e-mount lenses dedicated to it versus adapter mounted a-mount lenses. The adapter adds more weight and more width which defeats one of the appealing aspects of the NEX series cameras. It seems that the NEX series has garnered superb user feedback worthy of a stronger commitment to this camera body/series as a long term purchase: NOT a disposable point & shoot mindset.

16mm
18-55mm
18-200mm

This trio represents a nice introduction package. To me, it seems that a few CZ primes would be the next logical step toward building a true keeper.

Others have mentioned some video firmware desires. That appears like another logical step for Sony to take versus another camera body upgrade.

Just my thoughts as I try to decide when to jump on board with a NEX5 purchase. I'm buying it primarily for its video capabilities for our art studio and its manual zoom (versus a WX5). However, what has sold me on the NEX5 is its still image shots thus doubling its use for us.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow