Happy with 7D ?

Started Feb 16, 2011 | Discussions thread
itatorro
Junior MemberPosts: 28
Like?
Re: Happy with 7D ?
In reply to sritri, Feb 21, 2011

Not looking back now.. Love my 7d

after using my sons d5000 i decided to get a 550d because i have a small collection of FD Lenses i wanted to recap. after using the 550d for awhile i was hankering for something more substantial. oh! I liked the pictures out of the 550d much better..and read all the GLOWINg reviews and seeing pictures from the d7000. i folded. I went to bestbuy and got one..for the first week i thought i was in love.. then i had an op to contact nikon customer support about the cracked display protector that the camera had out of the box. they said it wasn't covered i sent them a question about something else and got no response. I did like the camera and miss the dual cards and the multi-exposure feature and calendar.. but i also found that i had to work harder to get a good picture out of the d7000..(I am really a newb to DSLR) Back to Bestbuy on day 12 and exchanged for the 7d to my surprise the 7d was $200 less than it was 3 days before +++ in the short time i have had the 7d like the 550d i get good pics more often..with less work.. and i expect it will improve as i learn the camera better..picked up a 430ex II also. now when i get some more spending money I'll be getting an adaptor so i can put my fd 300 f/4 back to work

I did also note that the d7000 with its kit lens didnt focus any faster than the 550d with kit lens or the 7d with kit lens..

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
VeryNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow