Started Nov 15, 2002 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Steve Adamson
New MemberPosts: 6
Like?
PowerBook Color Accuracy
Nov 15, 2002

I talked my son into a new iMac for grad school this year. After setting it up for him with an Epson 785EPX running Jaguar, I was simply astounded at the color matching accuracy from screen to print when processing an image from his Nikon 885.

I've loved macs for at least the last 10 years and have wanted to make a platform change for at least the last 2 or 3 years. I realize that Jaguar drivers are not yet available for my two primary printers, Epson's 5500 and 7600, so I'm somewhat reluctant to do anything until the drivers are available. But after seeing the color accuracy off of the iMac and 785, along with the new PowerBook, just maybe I should go ahead.

The real question is whether anyone has worked with the PowerBook and the Epson 5500 and/or 7600? Is color accuracy or matching on the money or does it require significant calibration?

I shoot with a D1x and a Mamiya 645AFD. With the release of NC 3.5, I plan to shoot tethered to the PowerBook, when I'm in the studio. Until I can afford to add one of the new desktops to be announced in January, I'll also be using the PowerBook for post-processing in Photoshop.

Any experience or advice would be helpful.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow