Started Feb 11, 2011 | Discussions thread
illy
Forum ProPosts: 12,160Gear list
Like?
Re: Thanks for the chuckle!
In reply to Great Bustard, Feb 20, 2011

Great Bustard wrote:

illy wrote:

you mean the 50mm/f2 macro.......but hey isn't that supposed to be sharp at every aperture in it's range, i would of thought the test would of been perfect no matter how it was shot.............did i miss something?

The 50 / 2 macro is actually a very impressive lens. I imagine it will perform even better on the E5 than it did on the L10:

http://www.dpreview.com/lensreviews/olympus_50_2_o20/page3.asp

But, for sure, there's a marked improvement from f/2 to f/4. However, after f/4, the effects of diffraction softening begin to dominate lessening lens aberrations, and by f/10, it's right back where it began at f/2 (although with a much deeper DOF, of course, so an f/10 pic would appear much sharper than an f/2 pic).

no doubts the 50/f2 is impressive, i think some of the whining with the tests was more to do with expectations rather than reality, the E-5 does well with 12mp's......but 12mp's can only go so far
--
Dirty deeds done dirt cheap

illy's gear list:illy's gear list
Nikon D200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Nikon D5100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Eh?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow