Started Feb 19, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ishu
Forum MemberPosts: 96
Like?
First PP try
Feb 19, 2011

I took this picture at a school carnival. The room had horrible lighting (sodium vapor… indoors!), so I made sure to shoot raw+jpeg to try to salvage something.

I really don't know what I'm doing, and I'm turning to post-processing as a last resort here. PP is not something I've invested a lot of effort into, although what little I've done here shows me that there's a real place for it.

That said, feel free to tell me there isn't much more to be done here.

Here is the OOC JPEG and my attempt using UFRAW and GIMP on a Mac. I've also included a shot with flash to give you a better sense of the color that we should be seeing. (I avoid flash because it's distracting and changes behavior, but I switched because of the results I was seeing.)

I used sodium vapor white fluorescent balance and manually lifted the exposure curve a bit.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide.

OOC JPEG

Processed raw file--from another flash shot (not here), it seems the red highlights in the artist's hair are dye streaks and not a PP artifact.

Comparison flash shot

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow