Anders W
Forum ProPosts: 17,884Gear list
Like?
Re: Sigma 17-70 f2.8-4 DC MACRO OS HSM
In reply to jonikon, Feb 19, 2011

jonikon wrote:

Anders W wrote:

jonikon wrote:

How is the bokeh with this lens? I had the older version with screw drive and no OS on the a700 and found the bokeh amazingly good for a standard zoom lens. Just wondering if the OS has had a bad effect of the bokeh.

While I do not yet have any personal experience with the new version (I have the old), all the user testimonies I have seen like/praise the bokeh (to the extent that they comment on it). Haven't seen any critical remarks on this particular score but quite a few positive ones. So it seems that the OS fortunately hasn't detracted much, if anything, in this regard.

That's good news! I was just looking at some of my images shot with the older Sigma 17-70 with the Sony a700, and realized how much I miss that nice bokeh!

Oh that was good, and not only in terms of bokeh! Sigma would do well to use it for advertising.

Anders W's gear list:Anders W's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +21 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow