Which to buy: Sony a55, Pentax K-7 or Nikon D90 (any Mountaineers?)

Started Feb 19, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
codyshotolaschiewe
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Which to buy: Sony a55, Pentax K-7 or Nikon D90 (any Mountaineers?)
Feb 19, 2011

Assuming i am willing to pay enough money to get any of these cameras with the kit lens I am wondering which I should get.

I will be doing nature and landscape photography mainly. This will include taking my camera while mountaineering so I am looking especially at durability and performance in less than Ideal conditions.

The k-7 is "weather sealed" while the other two are plastic bodied, and I am wondering if this will actually make a difference (since often the vulnerable part is simply the temperature of the battery)-think 5 degree f+ environments.

Furthermore I am looking at the one that will take the best pictures with the littlest amount of prep (even to go so far as to say I might have thick gloves on while operating the camera). Which would be the best for this.

I have very little concern about continuous shooting or making HD videos, however the fast autofocus of the a55 (as well as a seemingly huge feature of the auto pano- namely being able to shoot quick pano's while hanging off a mountain side without a tripod) seem to be pushing me towards the sony camera.

Thoughts please?

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow