Started Feb 18, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Adventsam
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,983
Like?
GF1 steals the show?
Feb 18, 2011

Well well well, was at my photoclub last night and someone pulls out a gf1, a regular d300 shooter no less! and I have to say the interest was quite amazing, both from the enthusiastic new user and the audience, all of which were saying that they are starting to loathe carrying DSLR's, the body's are heavy and bulky and the lenses are big and heavy too, honestly they were like bees round a honey pot. The fact that this was being demonstrated by one of the more respected members certainly had an impact and the response was even more dramatic to my eyes. The usual comments of the fact its non-intrusive, small, portable, and excellent iq has got them re-thinking the whole dslr benefit. The whole club was interested and seeing as many are in their senior years many with disposable money's and good pensions it makes you think just how wide an appeal from young to old the m43 format has, the tide is turning?

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow