So, what is THE lens for 4/3?

Started Feb 16, 2011 | Discussions thread
David Lawson
Senior MemberPosts: 2,752Gear list
Like?
Rumoured 12-50 panasonic
In reply to Steve Bingham, Feb 18, 2011

As an almost retired old pro, 18 months to go, I am awaiting the rumoured 12-50 f2.8-3.5 I think is the rumour.. So maybe a couple of months wait may be worth while.

I remember you from the Nikon forum and was surprised to see you turn up here. Although there seem to be a few of us.

I shot on Olympus professionally for a short time between Canon and Nikon and the lenses were great. The 150 f2 was wonderful but big, and I know your trying to get away from size. The 50 was also very good but I tended to shoot on the 14-54 and 50-200, it was press/pr work. Never had an issue with any of the lenses. A friend had the 300 f2.8 for bird shots and that was also excellent. It's a real shame Olympus slipped up on pro bodies, and most people I knew who tried Olympus, went to Nikon for the higher pixel count. IMHO all they needed to do was put a larger sensor in the E1 and a larger screen on the back. Hey! but what do I know.
david

David Lawson's gear list:David Lawson's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow