Started Feb 16, 2011 | Discussions thread
GHB
GHB
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,312Gear list
Like?
Re: Thanks, Tony
In reply to Steve Bingham, Feb 18, 2011

Steve Bingham wrote:

I am looking hard at the 12-60 as a general purpose lens - and the 50macro for portrait. Some say it focuses pretty slowly, but does it have a limiter to divide the mange (for faster focusing)? I have gotten a lot of suggestions which have enabled me to go in and investigate further. I can not believe the MTF for the 50mm. That must be some lens!!!!

Unfortunately, no focus limit switch. And I would call AF on the E-PL1 very slow. If not close to begin with, two to three seconds or more is not uncommon for me. Even when it's close to being in focus to begin with, it proceeds to zero in on accurate focus in a time-consuming series of baby steps. AF is also noisy (i.e. loud). Easily heard across a quiet room.

Something else to know -- in case it has been mentioned -- MF is fly-by-wire. It's... different if one has only used manually coupled MF.

-- hide signature --

George

GHB's gear list:GHB's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F40fd Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Canon PowerShot G12 Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus E-M1 +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow