Anyone used s95 with Lightroom and Dxo Optics? (Lightroom on Sale)

Started Feb 17, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
PaulRivers
Senior MemberPosts: 7,400
Like?
Anyone used s95 with Lightroom and Dxo Optics? (Lightroom on Sale)
Feb 17, 2011

Lightroom 3 (full version, which I would need) is on sale on Amazon today. Well - "on sale" is a loose term. It's $190, they claim it was $240 yesterday but to my recollection it was $200 the last time I checked.

Anyways - I had also been considering Dx0 optics. It does some of the similar things that Lightroom does - optics correction, someone claimed it has better distortion correction for the s95 that lets you get a little wider than the way the dpp or the jpg does it, some sort of RAW conversion and Noise Reduction. I think Lightroom would let me do some masking and apply certain thing only to certain parts of the image, which Dx0 wouldn't. I'm not excited about Lightroom's "database", though, just one more thing that can go wrong (I like DPP's "just edit the file on the file system" approach).

I dunno...just wondering if anyone had used both or either and had an opinion.

I suppose other things I'd like (possible or not) is better noise reduction, and it would be great if I could get slightly different color interpretation - the s95 seems a tiny bit oversatured for me, and I've had issues with peoples facing ending up to red (and dpp's color style presets either don't fix the problem, or go to far the other way, removing all red from someone's face or unsaturating the colors to much).

Or of course maybe I should just be buying the full version of Photoshop..

Just thought I would ask...

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow