Like?
Re: Micro 4/3, right?
In reply to traveler_101, Feb 16, 2011

traveler_101 wrote:

clearly the Panasonic 20mm f/1.7
the Voigtlander Nokton 25/f.095
and the fabulous Panasonic 7-14

Excellent choices, traveler.

(Disclaimer... I have the 20mm, splurged on the 7-14 and am waiting for a Voightländer)

If you're talking native M4/3 zooms, you might want to check out the Panasonics with built-in OIS.

The 45-200mm has gotten pretty good reviews and is inexpensive, around $250. I've played with it a bit, but am not familiar with it.

Another is the 14-140mm. For M4/3 it's fairly heavy, but coming from NikonLand you'll barely know it's there. It has very fast and very quiet auto-focus. Some say it's a bit soft at both ends. You will hear complaints about it here, but I find it quite good and extremely versatile.

Since you have Nikon lenses, get a Nikon to M4/3 adaptor and try them out. I got a Fotodiox adaptor for $35 from Amazon to use with a couple of Nikon AI lenses. It works well and it a cheap solution for your existing "legacy" lenses. (Yeah, that's what they call 'em here.)

Just remember the 2x crop. My Nikon 20mm f2.8 became a 40mm. It's still fun to use, though and I'm pleased with the images I've gotten so far.

jeffharris's gear list:jeffharris's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Voigtlander Nokton 25mm F0.95 Voigtlander Nokton 42.5mm F0.95 Voigtlander Nokton 17.5mm F0.95 Aspherical +24 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow