Started Feb 16, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
stangvert
Regular MemberPosts: 195
Like?
Missed shot, Post them if you got em
Feb 16, 2011

I was testing a version 2x extender with my 70-200 non IS at the park taking pictures of my kids paying tag to see if the autofocus would be fast enought for spring soccer. While I was at the park the occational gull would fly by out of range and I kept hoping one would fly overhead so that I could get a shot. There were several gulls sitting on the lamp posts in the parking lot but they just didn't want to move. Between shots of the kids, I just happened to look up and a gull was coming in for a landing. I quickly moved my camera up and managed to get a quick shot off. I wasn't expecting much, but when I got home and looked at the picture, it turned out great and I really liked it. Not bad at all with the externder on and the lens full zoomed out. The only problem was I missed part of the wing. If I could have just not clipped the wing tip, It would be a great shot in my opionon. I just wanted to see if others have similar pictures that they like, but happened to cut off leg, wing, arm etc...

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow