Started Feb 16, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Joe Cool
Regular MemberPosts: 125
Like?
GF2 - an ergonomic nightmare
Feb 16, 2011

I picked up a GF2 last week and I took it into the field this week to shoot location photos for my job and I immediately ran into problems with the placement of the buttons on the back. Every time I picked up the camera with my right hand to shoot a picture, I would accidentally push the WB or ISO button which would activate these menus and display them on the LCD. It's a PITA having to deactivate the menu before shooting a picture. And even worse, on two occasions when carrying the camera around while letting it dangle on my side (with the camera turned on), the "touch focus" mode on the LCD accidentally got activated which led to a half dozen accidental shots on each occasion... every time the camera hit my hip, it would trigger the shutter. This camera is not meant to be handled by your right hand only, you have to use both hands to hold it to your face to avoid inadvertent button pushes. I'm thinking now that I'm going to trade the camera in for something more sensible.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow