Started Feb 15, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Stan Prevost
Contributing MemberPosts: 643
Like?
Epson 4900 vs 9900 Question
Feb 15, 2011

These two printers appear to be basically different sizes of the same machine. I am debating whether to go with the 17" version or the 24" version, since I will not often use the 24" capability. There is a $1,500 difference. However, the words about ink clogging prevention and remediation are different. The 4900 information does not state some things that the 9900 info does, and I wonder it there is really a difference or if they just didn't include all the info in the 4900 ads. The ink is the same, I think the print head is the same, the only difference seems that the 9900 has some additional software features that perform additional nozzle checks and clearing at turn-on. My situation is long periods of absence from the printer's location (2 wks to 2 months), returning with a batch of printing to do. Epson said, for the 9900, not to worry, I won't have a problem. I didn't ask about the 4900 as I was not considering it at the time.

Does anyone here really know the difference? And does the 4900 driver (or 9900, for that matter) limit the length of a print (not using a RIP)?

Stan

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow