ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Pauls Pixels
Senior MemberPosts: 1,075Gear list
Like?
Pitstone Windmill (with LX5)
Feb 15, 2011

Hi there,

Brought the LX5 on a quick walk yesterday morning to Ivinghoe Beacon and took advantage of the sunny day to take these snaps of Pitstone Windmill, one of the oldest in the UK (constucted in 1627 or thereabouts).

The B&W was shot using the Dynamic B&W option in the 'My Color Modes' menu, and the colour one using the High Dynamic option. I wanted to see the effects introduced by these options that are somewhat hidden away (I normally use P or A modes). Despite the bright conditions, a high ISO 400 was applied automatically (I had set a limit of 400).

Not sure what I think of these, but I don't like the loss of control much, or the lightened halo around the colour windmill. I have used Silkypix to tinker with contrast and sharpness a little bit, and to crop slightly. The windmill does appear to 'lean' forward and I'm not sure how much of this was down to my hand-holding technique, or to the ravages of time.

The third is a landscape effort, again using the Dynamic B&W option in the 'My Color Modes' menu.

Grateful for your thoughts?

Paul

Pauls Pixels's gear list:Pauls Pixels's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Nikon D7000
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow