Started Feb 15, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MisterBG
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,242
Like?
Canon RAW Codec for 64-bit systems
Feb 15, 2011

Having recently updated to Windows 7 64-bit, I was slightly miffed by the fact that my existing .CR2 RAW codec would no longer work. Since 64-bit systems have been around for quite a while, and 64-bit seems to be the future route for all platforms, I've been patiently waiting for a 64-bit Canon codec to appear. I recently emailed Canon support to enquire if this was likely to be available soon, and received the following reply:

"Thank you for contacting Canon Support.

In response to your query regarding a 64bit codec, kindly be advised there has not ever been a 64bit codec previously, and most likely there will not be one developed."

So now you know. It's nice to know that Canon are keeping their finger on the pulse and their eye to the future.

Despite the fact that all other Canon software is 64-bit compatible, it appears that to integrate a RAW codec with Windows Explorer, I'm forced to use a commercial product.
--

Photographers feel guilty that all they do for a living is press a button. - Andy Warhol

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
re:New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow