D3100 banding or shutter problem??

Started Feb 15, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
SamJakey New Member • Posts: 13
D3100 banding or shutter problem??

Please see my other post where I initially (briefly) described a problem I was having with my D3100. See: http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1034&message=37539748

I recently took my camera on a family vacation and was increasingly having problems taking pictures throughout the trip. I was fortunate to get many photos without difficulty. However, some shots were completely missed despite numerous attempts because of various artifacts or technical problems that I was experiencing. I had one particularly bad day where about 30 pictures in a row were almost completely black as you'll see in some examples provided below despite being shot outdoors on a sunny day. Other photos have odd bands or lines in them (see below).

I've experienced this problem with 2 brand new memory cards (SanDisk Extreme 8gb class 6 and Panasonic 4gb class 10). Both cards were formatted using the camera prior to taking pictures.

I'm sending the camera in for service to Nikon but was wondering if anyone has experienced these problems before on the D3100 or any other camera? I'm shooting mostly in aperture-priority mode with auto ISO set to max at 1600 but have also experienced these problems using the green auto-mode. Thanks so much for your help!!!

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow