Started Feb 15, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
foggy
Regular MemberPosts: 235Gear list
Like?
Using the viewscreen with Macro work on 60D
Feb 15, 2011

Well it looks like spring is coming. Today being Valentines day, I gave my better half some flowers as part of my appreciation of her. She was kind enough to let me borrow the vase of flowers for a little macro work Sunday evening. As I’m dying to see what My 60D will do. I wanted to try at low ISO so it was try-pod work under the eve of the house on a shelf 1 to 2 feet from the front door. It was overcast and rainy but no wind. Out of the rain with that wonderful diffused light and no wind was as good as it gets..! I was using my 70-200 F4 L with Nikon 5T and 6T (the only things I kept from my N camp days).

I wanted to see how the flip out view screen worked with a macro subject slow work on a tripod. This is my first view screen camera that has a decent screen. Moved up from a 20D So using the view screen for much of anything is new to me. But from yesterdays experience in slow work it’s great..! The mirror is already flipped up eliminating that vibration issue in long exposure work. I know I still have some tricks to learn on this puppy but using the screen at just about any angle I could think of was real cool and not having to climb on the camera and tripod at funny angles to see through the viewfinder I can’t put into words. So here is a couple shots from the batch I did. I started at 4PM and only had about an hour of light so if I can work up some more I will.

Most likely in faster action I will find some limits

Foggy

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow