Started Feb 14, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
talico
Contributing MemberPosts: 605Gear list
Like?
Took the Plunge, need advice.
Feb 14, 2011

I can't say that I am a newbie, but I could use some advice.

I have made the commitment to shoot a large conference. It will require documenting the conference and speakers, multiple exhibits, and taking a group portrait of the board of directors(7 people). It is a two day event, and they are expecting one shooter. There previous photographers have been disappointing to them, and seeing their photos, I can see why. They took very poorly lit shots and just missed a lot of opportunities. I have been looking into this particular event for a few months now and i think I have a decent feel for what will be required. This is my first assignment like this. I am planning on bringing my 7D with a 40D as backup. Backdrop and stands, Lighting kit, 70-200 2.8L, 24-70L, 50 1.4, and 10-22EFS. I have 1 430EX and will probably rent a 580EX. I have 28-135 and 70-200f4L as backup lenses.

Here are my questions:
1. What am I forgetting?
2. What should I study for better photography of this kind?
3. What type of lighting kit would you bring?
4. Does my Website(see below) look professional enough to attract Clients?

Thanks for the advice in advance.

Tom

My photos http://alicoatephotography.zenfolio.com

talico's gear list:talico's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM +5 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow