NYC Winter in Central Park [D700 + 24-120 F/3.5-5.6]

Started Feb 10, 2011 | Discussions thread
rssarma
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,400Gear list
Like?
Ingrid...
In reply to Ingrid M, Feb 14, 2011

Ingrid M wrote:

I followed the same path from Oly to Nikon FF. If you're looking for a competitor to the 12-60 in speed, sharpness and accuracy, you should look at the 24-70. It doesn't quite have the reach of the 12-60 but it's as good in every other area and doesn't suffer the wide end barrel distortion of the 12-60.

I had the first version of the 24-120 and couldn't cope with the softness and distortion but the reach was handy. Sold it when I bought the 24-70.

Now I have the trilogy of Nikon 2.8 glass and can honestly say that I think the Nikon glass is every bit as good as the higher end Oly glass, except that the Nikon bodies give you volumes of working room, which I love.

Ingrid

I haven't been doing any critical work with the 24-120mm lens so far, so I'll probably continue using it until I hit some roadbloack with it. As of now, with the LR lens profile, it does an adequate job, but I'm sure the 24-70 would be on a whole diff level all together!

Thanks for your comments and inputs

-- hide signature --
 rssarma's gear list:rssarma's gear list
Nikon D700 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon AF Nikkor 24mm f/2.8D Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow