G12 Filter and Lens Adapters

Started Feb 13, 2011 | Discussions thread
Chris ™
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,188Gear list
Like?
Re: G12 Filter and Lens Adapters
In reply to HerbertA, Feb 13, 2011

HerbertA wrote:

Will someone kindly explain the difference between a Lens Adapter and a Filter Adapter available for the G12.

At first sight they are the same, but the FA-DC58B is special, because it moves together with the lens to avoid vignetting in wide angle. The lens pushes it forward and an internal spring mechanism backwards. The lens adapters don't move to avoid stress to the lens motor ... the TC is too heavy ... downside is vignetting below 70mm.

Also, what items are needed to supplement the standard G12 lens with additional wide angle and telephoto capabilities?

I use the old TC-DC58 teleconverter of my old G1 ... it rocks ... great optics. There's a newer model available from Canon, which I expect to be also very good. Regarding WA lenses ... nothing available for the G12, because it can cause damage to the lens, if you zoom with such a lens attached. Search the forum about it ... someone explained using the WC-DC58 on the G12.

-- hide signature --

Greetings from Germany

Chris™

Chris ™'s gear list:Chris ™'s gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 IS USM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow