I have selected Epson 1400 ... or Canon 9000 :help

Started Sep 11, 2010 | Discussions thread
kc8pql
New MemberPosts: 23
Like?
Re: I have selected Epson 1400 ... or Canon 9000 :help
In reply to Petruska, Feb 13, 2011

Petruska wrote:

The Canon PIXMA PRO900 MK II can be bought new for less than $200 on Craigs List or Ebay. These are printers that Canon DSLR owners purchased as a combo with the printers to geat a great rebate. The printers are in new unopened factory boxes, just the upc code is removed from the boxes to obtain the rebate. Many of us 9000 owners here on DPR bought them that way. Great bargain!

I'll second that. Just before Christmas I was browsing photo gear on Amazon and took a look at the PRO9000MKll. There were more than 200 "UPC removed" printers in the "used" listing, nine pages of them, and it seemed the sellers were competing

to get their listing to the top of the first page by lowering their price. I checked back for several days and when one came up for $149.95 on Christmas Eve I hit the buy button. I really wasn't looking for a printer but for that price I couldn't help my self.

Bottom line is I love the thing. Making my own prints has brought back some of the fun from my darkroom days.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow