Started Feb 7, 2011 | Discussions thread
Bob Tullis
Forum ProPosts: 25,241Gear list
Like?
Re: Perez69
In reply to perez69, Feb 13, 2011

perez69 wrote:

Great approach to the problem.
It seems a exposure-related problem. Well-exposed shots don't have red dots.
Maybe firmware fixable?

Anyway, I like these kind of shots, sunset and night shots. So I must search for another camera.

I'm sad because EPL2 has all what I'm looking for. Hoping that EP3 comes out quickly and without red dots problem.

I've been like a metronome on how significant this is for what I tend to face. Basically, when seeking a broad DOF while shooting into a bright source of light one could anticipate it affecting an image. Knowing when and how, one may be able to avoid the potential if one has a habit of shooting in this manner.

But I'd wager the majority of buyers would be less prone to challenging the camera in this manner. Devoted night shooters and sunset/sunrise studies using a tripod and aperture settings that skirt diffraction would be another story (hand held night shots, even at ISO 3200, leave one in the wide open aperture range, where this doesn't occur).

I've come to decide that my apprehensions are a bit overblown. It's been too cold yet to do any determined tripod studies at night, so I'm at a loss in that area at the moment, but one way or another I'll find satisfaction (even if that turns out to be, for a particular type of study, to use a different camera). Outside of this issue the camera is a joy to handle, and is quite satisfying. I just find it hard to recommend the camera whole heartedly, among the broad range of photographer levels that are interested in the E-PL2.

-- hide signature --

...Bob, NYC

'Well, sometimes the magic works. . . Sometimes, it doesn't.' - Little Big Man

http://www.bobtullis.com

Bob Tullis's gear list:Bob Tullis's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Rokinon 7.5mm 1:3.5 UMC Fisheye CS Voigtlander Nokton 42.5mm F0.95 Voigtlander Nokton 17.5mm F0.95 Aspherical Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow