ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
aleks415
New MemberPosts: 19
Like?
Camera's at Shoppers Drug Mart
Feb 12, 2011

Hi everyone!

I'm about to ask a very long shot question.

I'm in the market for a new P&S camera. The one I currently have is the Canon SD1100 IS. I absolutely loathe this camera and am now convinced I have a lemon because it consistently gets good reviews across the board. I bought it from a friend of a friend who worked at Canon so there wasn't the option of a return and almost 2 years later after trying out a million different settings, I have had it.

Long story short, it takes the most awful out of focus pictures, where the camera will always focus on the background vs the subject and I've lost track of how many fuzzy photos I have to take before I can randomly get a good one. Indoor or outdoor it doesn't matter. HI ISO setting or Auto. Face recognition or not. I'm throwing this out.

The reason I'm asking about Shoppers Drug Mart is because they sell cameras and I've got about $200 worth of Optimum points that I would like to spend (they're having a bonus sale this weekend).

I know it's a long shot but has anyone recently purchased a camera at SDM? If so which one was it?

I'm looking for a budget P&S to take pics of my kids out and about as lugging the D80 doesn't work well when you're carrying a baby in a sling.

Any user friendly rec's are appreciated!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow