ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
generalelectric
Junior MemberPosts: 43
Like?
is leica worth it?
Feb 12, 2011

okay, here's another idea.

I hate carrying big cameras. (i consider my k100d big with the kit lens). When I do take photos it's mostly either to put my paintings up online, or to walk about getting reference photos for my paintings, although if I ever do take photos nice enough to sell I'd like to.

The main reason I take as many shots as I do now is because I always seem to need to shoot in low light with my crappy kit lens, which is slow. (I have a fast 50 but it's not wide enough in a lot of situations). So i take multiple shots and use the sharpest.

So, I don't take that many photos. I need a small camera that is capable of good quality DISTORTION-LESS (yes, that IS important for my work) photographs with great dynamic range so that i can carry it with me at all times with no hassles. And I need to shoot in low light a lot.

So, aren't range finders good in low light due to their special view finders?

I was thinking of getting a bessa r4m with a leica lens. may be the elmarit 28mm f2.8 or 35mm f/2.0 Summicron

but, is leica worth it? for the same price i could get a d700 with a nikon AI-S 28mm lens. Is the leica really 4 or more times as good as the nikon?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow