ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
simon2901
Regular MemberPosts: 123
Like?
Buying a legacy lens for my Pen e-p1
Feb 12, 2011

Hello

I have had my camera for some weeks now ( and even put on a leather skin, so it looks awesome), and i am truly loving it (coming from a Nikon d40 that i used since it came out). Now what i am really interested in is 1-2 good but cheap (i am a university student) legacy lenses since i am really beginning to enjoy manual focusing.

My dad, which changed from his old Nikon d200 to the e-p2 (same time as me) with the Panasonic 20 mm pancake lens and he just got a adapter so now he can use his nikon 50mm. 1.8 D, i have been using both the Nikon lens and the 20 mm and i am loving both, i really think they are way more fun to use than stock lens 14-42, not that it is bad but i really got a thing for fixed lenses, since i tend to zoom in and out way too much when i use it instead of composing a nice photo.

So i have been using my hard earned Saturday to look allover the net, read allot of articles and so on and lenses that i found especially interesting where the following:

• Nikon 50mm f/1.8 AI (i would try go for the older manual focus one)

• 50mm f/1.4 MC Rokkor

• Minolta MD 50mm f/1.7

• KONICA 50MM F1.8

• Minolta MD Rokkor 50mm F1.4

• Minolta MC Rokkor-PF 1,4/58 mm

So this is what i have found up until now.

i already got a Nikon adapter so that might come in to play. I am all new to the legacy lens thing, and also to buying new lenses since i never really did that before so i would love some advices and some guidance, and suggestions to other cheap lenses i should consider?

some of the questions i got is the following:

1: Would i get anything out of the 1.4 vs. 1.7/1.8, i like taking photos in low light i should point out.

2: Is there any cheap alternatives to the Panasonic 20 mm pancake lens that offer some good lowlight?

3: If i wait, would you expect the Panasonic lens to go down in price? (seems to me it do not really work that way with lenses)

I should point out that i am located in Denmark, so i guess it is not as easy to get cheap lenses here, still there is quiet a few lenses on ebay shipping.

I really appreciate your help and suggestions, i have been reading on this forum for some time and i find it great, was btw. the reason that i ended up with my pen camera!

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow