Started Feb 12, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
aniramca
Regular MemberPosts: 180
Like?
Old Nikon lenses on an S3Pro
Feb 12, 2011

Just started to try on my S3 Pro. I need help to confirm what I found on this camera.

My old S5 Pro can utilize older Nikon or other non CPU lenses with metering and focus confirmation. There is adjustment in the menu on how to make sure that the fstop shown on the screen agrees with the manual fstop ring that you select on the lens. For focusing, as the focusing dial is turned on the lens, a green light will come up when the object is in focus.

The S3 Pro manual does indicate that there is a focus confirmation feature on this camera, as I can see the green dot which is on when I am in focus. However, for automatic metering, the manual says that for non CPU lenses, you cannot meter using the metering system inside the camera. Could anyone confirm and this is the case? If this is true, I assume that I have to use my own light meter and use this setup to select the speed and exposure using only the manual mode with this camera?

Thanks for info or discussion.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow