DXO LX5 support up.

Started Feb 10, 2011 | Discussions thread
Detail Man
Forum ProPosts: 14,950
Like?
Re: Examples of High Spatial-Frequency Subject Matter
In reply to silent tim, Feb 12, 2011

silent tim wrote:
Very helpful indeed, its almost like a whole new camera.

That's great to hear! That has certainly been my own personal impression where it comes to my LX3 RW2 image-files. It absolutely transforms the LX3 ! My more bulky (and not DxO supported) FZ50 has been collecting dust ever since ... even thought the FZ50 has a larger and implicitly higher quality lens-system for things like wide-field and deep DOF landscape shots.

I have found that the LX3 + DxO yields very good and crisp results at up to around 6 Meters or so, and what are acceptable results for such a small lens-system in the far-field beyond 6 Meters or so (referenced to shooting at full wide-angle). The extra 90mm reach of the LX5 may also be helpful.

Please do post some DxO-processed LX5 images when you have some good ones !

Still not used to the very slow startup (LR is almost instant) but I can't argue with the results.

The final "developing" time is slower (compared to LR3), too (similar to Silkypix SE and Pro). Apparently, LR3 accomplishes most of the number-crunching while previewing and adjusting - and thus has less number-crunching to do in generating an output image-file ...

But I ( personally) find that it is well worth the wait to achieve such high-quality results ! ...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow