Started Feb 11, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DPvisitor
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Epson color puzzle
Feb 11, 2011

We are using an Epson R1900 printer with Photoshop CS5 and 64 bit Windows 7. We are having a problem with photos printing dark and off color. Had similar problem with CS4 and Canon ip6700D. We have a Dell 2408WFP monitor. Color prints fine from other programs and I downloaded a test panel which also printed out just fine. We have carefully followed the traditional advice to set both the Photoshop dialog box and the printer settings to let photoshop control color. We have updated drivers, downloaded paper profiles, etc. In short, tried to check every setting and make every adjustment. Now today, trying to experiment with alternative settings, I chose printer control of color and "host ICM." Suddenly, color is fine.

So, does that mean that Windows can set my color better than photoshop? Is there something we are missing in photoshop that gets it on the wrong track with color? Anybody have any idea what is going on?

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow