Started Jan 1, 2011 | Discussions thread
T3
T3
Forum ProPosts: 17,627
Like?
Re: Even if you like plastic..
In reply to zonamax, Feb 11, 2011

zonamax wrote:

I needed a backup for my 40D and determined that the 50D suited that better than the 60D. Handling is virtually identical and I can pick up either camera and know exactly where every button is by feel. There is zero learning curve between them.

Yes, this is something that people should be aware of. However, I have a 40D as well, and I chose to buy a 60D. There are differences, but it hasn't been an issue for me. After all, there are plenty of people who have 1D-series bodies, and back them up with 7D's or even XXD bodies. And the differences there are even greater than between a 40D and a 60D.

Besides, having things like the built-in wireless flash capability, built-in electronic level on the rear LCD (for when you have the camera on a tripod), built-in electronic level inside the viewfinder (for when you are hand holding the camera with your eye to the viewfinder), better-organized top LCD, HD video capability, articulating screen, 3:2 aspect ratio LCD screen, articulating LCD screen, higher capacity battery, and much more informative battery life information (the old BP-511 batteries were practically useless in this respect), etc...all these things easily make up for any minor differences that you have to get used to between the 40D and 60D.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
60DNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow